Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Graduate Degree -> Check!

So I am officially finished with my graduate degree! I had a final presentation today and then I left the University of Pittsburgh for the last time....and had a parking ticket! Of course!

It felt a little strange to leave and drive out of town. I almost teared up a little. It's just so nice to be done. Three long years have come to an end. I can remember going to my first class. I was excited and not sure if I would be able to do it. I've never been one for the class room setting. I really did well in grad school though. I got higher grades than ever before, I got published in an online magazine, I worked for two Hospice organizations and wrote a lot of papers. I feel good about all that I accomplished.

It took me so long to fill out the application to apply for grad school and lots of encouragement from friends to just do it! :) I'm glad I did.

I also had an interview with a Hospice program and should find out in a few days if I will be hired. This job would be huge for me in the long run. I never expected to get hired into a Hospice program right out of grad school. I feel like there is a good chance that I will be hired, but you never know.

We went to dinner tonight to celebrate! It was fun! Then we went to our favorite coffee shop and played a speed game of Monopoly and I dominated!

Well, I need to go rest up for our big vacation. We leave friday for Bryson City, NC to stay in a cabin with our friends Babs and Carrie. (Babs=Adam)

I am officially an MSW!

2 comments:

Joshua said...

Congrats Rach! I'm really excited for you, and I'm glad I don't have to loose you to Pittsburgh every Tuesday any more.

You really pushed through, and worked very hard on this. I'm glad to call such a dedicated, hard-working, and caring woman my wife.

Jim Elek said...

Congrats Rach!! In just four short years, we'll be able to compare notes and discuss theories, macro vs. micro, etc, etc. Until then I will be your supordinate, as you will have your MSW and I will be working towards mine. Maybe then we can start our own hospice or group home or something. We'll call it Jim Elek's Fantastic Vision That He Lets Rachel Join In On or something catchy like that. Now I have to type the longest word verification ever, it has three q's in it and might make a nice middle name for Norah it is qhnqpypqym

 
I wonder how long it will take Rachel to find out that her husband wrote a note at the bottom of her blog. (July 9, 2008) ;)