Friday, November 21, 2008

White Castle


So my co-workers were talking about White Castle a month or so ago and I mentioned that I have never been to one. They all about fell on the floor and said I needed to go.

Yesterday, two ladies and I went. They let me know that there are a lot of onions involved and I went into my long story about how I do not like onions and they said you can get a burger without any.

When we got there I realized that I have always eaten onions on McDonald's hamburgers, so they said I should be fine.

When I got to the register I let the lady waiting on me know that this was my first time at a White Castle and she glanced up at me and then back down and said, "Ok, what do you want." Was not the most warm White Castle welcoming I'm sure, but the economy is bad so I brushed it off.

I order the value meal that came with 4 "sliders", fries and a drink. My co-workers told me that the small hamburgers are referred to as sliders because they slide right down.

Anyways, we sat down with our food and I took my first bite. I knew for the rest of my time at White Castle I was going to need lots of ketchup! I ate two sliders and when I bite into the third one I knew my time at White Castle had come to an end.

I instantly started to feel nauseous! I had to start chewing gum to get the taste out of my mouth.

I felt sick the rest of the day and when I went to bed I thought for sure I would be spending some significant time in the bathroom through the night....but I stand here this morning to tell you that I survived! I feel much better and it's a new day!

I will not be participating in White Castle for as long as I live!

7 comments:

Joshua said...

Mmmmmm. Sliders. I've never been to a White Castle, and now that I know people call them sliders, I'm pretty sure I'll never go.

That's A Rapp said...

Rachel,
This story is part of why I love you. You are hilarious! I miss you. Thank you for sharing snippets of your life. I want you to write a book. And yeah, I have to go with Joshua, the name slider should have been all the info you needed to know.

Carrie Babcock said...

I have never been to White Castle either. Ruby Tuesday's does have a burger that is called a mini (probably the size of a slider). They are so good!!! I of course get the turkey minis when we go.

Anonymous said...

I've been to white castle. It's much better at 2:00 in the morning after the bar closes.

Anonymous said...

White Castle Fires only come in one size

Tim and Deane said...

I went to a White Castle many, many years ago.

Oddly, I have never been back because the next day I started having symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.

Mom

Unknown said...

Never been...never will go...what exactly happened at the time you went to bite into the 3rd "slider"?

 
I wonder how long it will take Rachel to find out that her husband wrote a note at the bottom of her blog. (July 9, 2008) ;)