Thursday, January 18, 2007

Apparently...

I have had a blog for awhile now, but I did not take the time to figure out how to login and update it and all of that stuff. (My husband set it up for me and I knew about it, but I wanted to incorporate the word "apparently" into my first entry.)

I thought about starting a blog a couple of years ago and never did. Now that I am an Elek and that is what you need to do to stay in touch, I should probably just starting updating this thing!

I just started my second field placement (intership) at The Washington Hospitals Hospice in Washington, PA. It is halfway between Wheeling and Pittsburgh, so I can continue on to class, which I do ever tuesday this semester.

This is my second week there. I watched 5 hours of videos today as part of my orientation. I am glad to be in the Hospice circle again. I like the environment and the people that I meet.

I hope to share stories from my experiences there and my class this semseter as well. It is called Social Work Pubile Policy in Gerentology. I was not excited to be taking this class because politics intimidate me, but my professor is awesome! She is an adjunct professor, which I think are sometimes better professors, and she is determined to not make the class exciting. She is doing a great job so far and I am really looking forward to our assignments. I just got my book today and I can't wait to start reading it.

Well, I need to hem some dress pants now that I have to dress up three days a week and I am abnormally short!

Hope you enjoyed this entry!

Rach

2 comments:

Joshua said...

I LIKE YOUR LINK PONCHO!

dmay said...

i feel like i understand you better now after the goat video... veeeeiiieeeeeerrrry (goat sounding) interesting.
nice blog - apparently.
looking forward to seeing yall later.
;)d

 
I wonder how long it will take Rachel to find out that her husband wrote a note at the bottom of her blog. (July 9, 2008) ;)