Saturday, August 18, 2007

JOY!

Last year, we did not have a kitchen in our apartment. We pretty much made up a kitchen, but the biggest challenge of that living situation was the dishes.

I was happy to take the challenge on though and after some brainstorming and shopping around we purchased a cart on wheels and made it into our "dish washing center."

Below is a picture of dishes after they were completed. We would put dirty dishes into the white plastic bins in the three basket drawers underneath and then roll the cart into the bathroom (2nd picture) and wash dishes in the bathroom sink and put them on the dish rack on top of the cart and then roll it back into the kitchen.

"Dish washing center"
Dishwashing Center

Bathroom

It was quite the process!!!

Well, after finding out we were expecting, it became pretty apparent to us and the university that we were going to need a new living space. So, this summer we moved into the graduate apartment building just off campus and they began working on a new living space for us. We were not expecting as nice of a kitchen as we got! We were really excited about it even when it was not completed. I teared up the first time I walked into our new kitchen. It is just beautiful!!

Now the best part of the kitchen for me is the sink!!! The first night the water worked, I did a bunch of dishes and it was stress free!!! Just like the good'ole days! I love my new kitchen sink! We will be able to put the little baby tub right on the counter top to give little Norah a bath and when she is able to sit up we can give her a bath right in the sink! Like I used to do, which I only know because I saw pictures of it! I took some pictures after doing the dishes because I was so excited!!





So now, there is even more....
in my life!!!!

5 comments:

Joshua said...

Happy! Happy!
Soap! Soap!

Unknown said...

Being able to see that new sink was an honor to say the least. Congratulations Rach!

Jim Elek said...

congratulations on your new kitchen!! maybe i'll come over and marinate some steaks in a dish on the counter while you bathe your child, my niece, on the counterspace adjacent to me. then you could wash the dishes from my preparing dinner in your sink while i assist with the little bundle of joy. later, we will have a laugh about the hilarity of the situation and will post photos from it on our blogs. later in life, we will continue to find humor as we reminisce, while norah finds the charade to be an emberassing moment in her life, one which she had absolutely no control over. aaaaaaahhhhhh, that will be a fun time!!!! r u in?

Rachel Elek said...

Jim,

You are too funny! Of course we can marinate steaks while Norah takes a bath. It is a double barrel sink so multi-tasking will be no problem!

Tim and Deane said...

Congratulations on having a kitchen. You'll never forget how grand it felt. And someday, soon I hope, you'll have a laundry room of your own too! And that will be just as fun.

 
I wonder how long it will take Rachel to find out that her husband wrote a note at the bottom of her blog. (July 9, 2008) ;)