Sunday, September 16, 2007

I'm getting kicked!

Norah has been quite active lately! We went to a restaurant today to watch the Brown's game and I was leaning forward over the table and she kicked so hard that I sat quickly back from the table because she kicked right at the part of my stomach that was touching the table! It was such a weird feeling.

She kicked later tonight and I had to shift positions in my chair. It's just a strange feeling, but so fun at the same time.

I will be 30 weeks on Wednesday! I can't believe how fast it all seems to be going now. We feel ready in the sense that if Norah came earlier we could sustain her in this world with what we have set up in the apartment, but it will just be a big change and I do not know how to prepare for that. I guess I can't, but I "prepare" in my own way and do anything that I can control.

We just got our diaper bag this weekend so we are going to be packing it this week! You never know! :)

We started our birthing classes last Tuesday and have four more Tuesday night sessions to go! Last week our instructor walked us through the whole process from when contractions start to when the baby is born. It was great! I'm definitely an information gatherer, so these classes are helpful for me. I'm looking forward to the hospital tour so I can see exactly where we will be and all the machines, tools and other things that might come into play during the labor.

Another interesting thing that we just learned is that our doctor likes to be standing when he delivers babies, so they crank my bed into the air at his level of standing to deliver the baby. Now, this raises a concern for me being that we Elek's are short and I fear that I will need to yell down to Josh to let him know how I am doing! We have an appointment on Friday with the doctor, so we will be looking into our options! :)

So, that's an update for now about Norah and all that's been going on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey rachie!
i love the updates on your pregnancy! makes me nostalgic already :) glad to hear that you're doing well and that norah is reassuring (with her tiny little feet) you that she is doing just fine in there! :)
kel (kibble)

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I found your blog because I check in on Joshua's every once in a while and I smiled and laughed while reading. I remember class so well-- in fact I delivered before we finished ours. The tour is helpful, but long-- wear comfortable shoes. We laughed during class because Isaac was very active and we would say he hates school!
The raising the bed thing, got me as well, but it is not as bad as you think-- Joshua will be fine, but it is funny. He also is a fan of forseps (spelling?).

Good Luck and enjoy!
Tracy

Rachel Elek said...

Kelly,

Great to hear from you! How is your little one doing? I can't believe I'll be a mom soon!

Tracy,

Good to know about the tour! I'm actually really looking forward to that part. I did talk to the leader of our class last week about the raising of the bed and she said it was not as high as I was thinking, so that makes me feel much better.
Joshua just asked me the other night how I would feel about the forceps being used...we did not finish the conversation though. I guess if it gets her out faster then what the heck! :) I'll have to think about it some more...

 
I wonder how long it will take Rachel to find out that her husband wrote a note at the bottom of her blog. (July 9, 2008) ;)