Monday, December 17, 2007

Visitors!

Norah has had some recent visitors in Wheeling before we left for Cleveland.

Two of my close friends from Pittsburgh came to visit the day after my birthday which was very much needed. Joshua and I had an all-nighter with Norah the night before and she had not been feeding very well, so she had pretty much been crying all day and could not be consoled by the time they arrived. It was helpful to be able to hand her off so that we could have a break. As soon as our friend Allie held her she was quite. That's when I let my guard down and cried because, well, it is just a little stressful at times when you can't figure out how to help your new baby. It's great to have friends and family help out when you are so tired and can't think of one more creative way to settle your new one.


We enjoyed lunch and conversation with Allie and Erin and we got to meet Lucy, Erin's second little girl who was born one month before Norah. It was so nice to be with my friends. I wish I had been a little more putt together and not so emotional, but that's what they were there for, was to meet Norah and support Josh and I, which is exactly what they did!

This next picture is of one of our students "Chevy." We met Chevy on our New Orleans trip last year. (Chevy is her nickname.) Chevy and I became almost instant friends once we really got to see how goofy each of us was. She is a ton of fun and I'm so glad she got to come and meet Norah because unfortunately Chevy is leave WJU and will be joining the Air Force this coming April. We will miss Chevy very much!


We are now in Cleveland, so I will try to post some more pictures from here soon! We are enjoying the down time. Norah has her crib set up here too, so I will get some pictures up of that as well.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow, Rach, can I ever relate to your post!! There were a few occasions that Daryl walked through the door to Brayden AND me in tears. The first few weeks can be so rough, and all of the hormones surging through your body don't help matters! I'm praying for you...and just to let you know once more...Norah is so stinkin' beautiful! I want to reach into the computer and squeeze her! Hang in there. I know that you are a great mom. It shows even through your posts. You will look back and laugh at this...one day.

with love,
mandy

Anonymous said...

Any time, any day, any where...you just say the word and I am there Rach! You and Josh are doing an amazing job of caring for that beautiful bundle! It was SO GOOD to be with you guys! Let's catch up soon...it's been a couple days! (C;

LOVEYOU!!

Allie

Joshua said...

OK Allie. Come over now, and put her to sleep. Thanks.

 
I wonder how long it will take Rachel to find out that her husband wrote a note at the bottom of her blog. (July 9, 2008) ;)