Monday, December 10, 2007

Week One!

Norah is one week old today! She had her first pediatric appointment today and everything looks great! We have been pretty tired lately and not been able to blog or e-mail out pictures alot, but I thought I would take a few minutes to share some of my favorite photos from the week at home.

This first picture is of Norah in the hospital sleeping under the blue light because she had jaundice. We loved these little black foam glasses she had to wear and thought she looked like a little superhero! We figure this is how they make superheros, they give them these glasses and bake them for awhile after they are born!


This is Norah on her trip home from the hospital. Her clothes are a little big, but so cute! She is just too sweet!


This is one of my favorites! She likes to have her hands next to her face alot. She had her hands up around her face in her sonograms too!

This is two of Norah's cousins that came to meet her. Ellie is on the left and Cora on the right.


These are my grandparents McCowin with their three great grandchildren! They love being great grandparents!


When we got home from the hospital some guys from our dorm made this welcome home sign! We loved it!


These are the women from my family that came to visit. (L-R) My mom and she is holding Ellie, my Aunt Linda, my grandma, Cora being held by my sister-in-law Heather and me. And Norah of course!


This is one of our first family pictures!

This is one of my favorite moments in the day, which happens several times each day. When she is ready to feed I put her up on my shoulder to get situated for feeding and she starts to make out with my neck, then cheek and then nose! It tickles so much and is the best feeling. She is so sweet!!!


This is just a cute one!

Joshua's brothers all came to visit too and Marisa our sister-in-law! We loved having them! (L-R) Jim, Tim, Jeremy, Joshua and Norah (front and center)


Uncle Jim drove from Virginia so he stayed with us for two nights. He and Joshua played lots of XBOX and Norah played too! I loved this picture of her little bum!


So there they are, I hope you enjoyed the pictures. More to come for sure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey rachie!! i know i keep writing to tell you how excited i am for you - but i cant help it! i really am! enjoy of minute of it and i'll keep checking back for updates and more pics :)

have fun with her!

(and i miss when julia would try to eat from my nose - it was the cutest thing ever!)

kelly (kibble)

Rachel Elek said...

Thanks for writing Kelly! I'm glad you keep checking back. Do you have anything that you update pictures of Julia? I could not find anything in my e-mail. I remember looking at pictures from those first days in the hospital, but I couldn't remember if you just sent those or if they were on a site.

We are loving our time with her so much!

Anonymous said...

hey! J has a little website:
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lilj/

there are a few pics there that i change occasionally, and there is a "photo gallery link at the bottom" that links to a bigger album :)

Megan said...

Rachel~ she is beautiful!!!!!!!!!! We are so excited for you guys! WOW! Know we're thinking of you and enjoy the time with your families at Christmas... :)

 
I wonder how long it will take Rachel to find out that her husband wrote a note at the bottom of her blog. (July 9, 2008) ;)