Saturday, December 27, 2008

Chicago Weather/Christmas and more!

The weather in Chicago has not been as terrible as I thought it might be. This was my biggest hesitation in moving here. However, last weekend was below zero for two days in a row! We took pictures of our windows in our bedroom because they looked like what should be the view from the outside, but no...these pictures are from the comfort of the inside of our bedroom!




Norah is up to all sorts of things these days. She is learning to do animal sounds which is really fun. My favorite are the gorilla and elephant sounds. We will try to get a video of that soon! She has been repeating us alot lately, or trying to, so we feel like she will be chatting up a storm real soon.

One of my recent favorites is that she makes fish lips and gives kisses! Here is a picture below!



The week leading up to Christmas we got a big package in the mail from Uncle Jim and Aunt Charlotte! Norah had so much fun with the box itself and the paper inside to hold the packages still! Josh got a bunch of cute pictures so I added those below.










This Christmas we were here in Chicago. With the recession and money being a little tight we decided to wrap up things that we already own that we know we all enjoy. We had so much fun wrapping a bunch of things up for Norah once she went to bed Christmas Eve! We also wrapped things up for each other too, which was alot more fun than we thought it was going to be! It was fun to see what each of us thought the other really enjoyed or had forgotten they enjoyed at one time!

This is a picture of all the presents under the tree after we were done wrapping!


Norah quickly found the empty wrapping paper rolls first thing in the morning! Daddy made her a sword later in the day, but it is now in the trash because it got destroyed by our little "wrecking ball,"! (My cousin Jason nicknamed her this over Thanksgiving because, well, let the name speak for itself!


Here we are helping her get started!


This is me in my Christmas Onesie! I kept seeing these at Target and could not resist once they were 50% off! I'm also taking a call from my Aunt and drinking my iced coffee!!!! Yummy!


This is Norah's piano that she loves!


Here is a Raven beach ball that Norah loves to play with! Uncle Tim works for Raven and they brought this on one of their visits and well, Norah does not want to give it back!


Here is a picture of the aftermath from the morning!
This is a picture from my mind as a kid, which is so fun!


The best part was that after we opened presents we had homemade cinnamon rolls that Josh made the night before! They were so good and we have continued to enjoy them each day since! I took this picture today, so you don't think we ate that many Christmas morning!


So that was our Christmas! Josh made a video that condensed that hour and 15 minutes it took Norah to open her presents for your enjoyment. He has had this up on his blog for awhile, so sorry if you already saw it. Oh and Josh has polar bear pj pants on that I got him on discount too when I got my onsie! There was not a lot of great selection in the men's department, but I thought they were fun!



1 comment:

Jim Elek said...

I still think Norah looks like Grandma B. Look at her in that picture with the 2 wrapping paper tubes and try to tell me that that she looks like anyone else!!

 
I wonder how long it will take Rachel to find out that her husband wrote a note at the bottom of her blog. (July 9, 2008) ;)