Saturday, July 11, 2009

Norah's toddler bed and toddle outfit!

So we went to see my parents a few weekends ago and were randomly talking about how we needed to figure out what to do for a toddler bed for Norah soon and my dad said, "We have three toddler beds in the attic if you want one." Duh! I did not even think about the fact that my parents would have three toddler beds! So we jumped at the opportunity to have Norah use my toddler bed and my dad made it! Even better! We fit it in our car and brought it back to Chicago.

It turned out to be perfect timing because the next week Norah got her leg wedged in the crib slates and started screaming one night. We were not able to get her leg out without breaking the slates unfortunately. Josh had to punch out one of the slates to free her leg. It was a little scary but Norah was fine so that's all the mattered. I ended up finding out that our crib was recalled. Unfortunately the date was a month off but Josh contacted the crib company and they are actually going to investigate the situation.

So we decided that we were going to just transition Norah to her toddler bed.

We just set it up today so tonight will be the first trial! Here are some pictures of it.







I saw this outfit in Target the other day and it instantly reminded me of outfits my sister and I wore all the time when we were little and I could not pass it up for Norah. It's funny because everytime she wears it people say the same thing!

I thought the photo shoot was funny so I just included all of the pictures. (by the way our camera is still not working so I took all of these pictures with our laptop!)

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Jenny and Matt said...

A toddler bed? What a big girl!

Joshua said...

Can I just say, I think it's strange how big she's getting. I mean, she's like a real person now. You can really see her personality shining through and, well, she's mischevious.

Rachel Elek said...

We just took Norah for ice cream and then caught lightening bugs for the first time. She loved the lightening bugs until one touched her and then she ran for me! She's so fun! We put her to bed and she did not even get out. I just checked on her and she has her hands behind her head like she is lounging, her blanky is balled up on her chest, Miss Lily (her frog) is next to her and she is fast asleep! I can't believe it is going so well already...

Heather said...

is that a dust ruffle on the toddler bed? do they make those? tell you dad we need the other two :)

Carrie Babcock said...

I can not believe she is in a big girl bed already. Boy does time fly. I can not wait until Izzie can wear that same style of outfit you got her. I love it!

 
I wonder how long it will take Rachel to find out that her husband wrote a note at the bottom of her blog. (July 9, 2008) ;)