Sunday, March 9, 2008

Busy Times

The last few weeks have been very busy and exciting! I posted a lot of pictures and they go backwards from most recent to least recent (whatever the correct verbiage should be just switch in your mind because it's too late for me to figure it out!)

This past Friday Joshua received the St. Francis Xavier Award that I had posted about awhile ago. His speech was really good. He was nervous, but when he talked you could not tell at all. The school took pictures and had a press release about it, which I linked to. Our friend Erin was also awarded Administrator of the Year which was fun!



Joshua's parents drove in for the award and stayed for the weekend. Uncle Jeremy drove down on Saturday and is staying until Monday morning. This is him and Norah napping!



I thought Norah looked cute snuggled in our bed so I took a picture. You should know that this morning Joshua was handling a "situation" that took 6 hours to deal with. I can't go into detail because it's no over with, but it was quite a morning here in the Elek apartment.


Norah clasps her hands together all the time now and we think it looks like she if fervently praying, so we make up "prayers" all the time depending on what she is doing. This prayer goes something like, "Dear Lord, please make this a bottomless bottle of milk. Amen."


Norah has also been shoving her fist in her mouth until she gags. It's a fun game that scares me often!
It keeps me on my toes though.


Norah and I went to play with my friend Angela and her 9 month old son Grant! We had a lot of fun.
Norah took a nap in Grant's crib while we were there.
When I went to get her she was half out of her clothes!


So Norah is quite the eater lately. We started putting some rice cereal in her bottles. Our pediatrician wants us to fed it to her with a spoon twice a day, but that did not go so good. As you can see she swallowed none of it. We will try again this week.


Our friends Sean and Julie are having a little girl names Lucy any day or week now. We had a baby shower for them in Columbus with other friends from Malone that Josh went to school with. This is Julie, Norah and Lucy!


This is Norah's buddy Babs! He takes real good care of her every time he sees her.


We all made this decoration together for the shower!


Sean and Julie are doing cloth diapers so that whole group went in and bought them everything from their registry that had to do with diapering! They registered for laundry detergent so we made them into little people with cloth diapers on and Josh made them look like people. We thought Norah should have a picture with them!


Norah and I drove halfway to meet up with our friend Allie for dinner! We got to catch up on our lives and hang out which was long overdue. We also got to celebrate that Allie and her husband Phil bought a house!!! Yeah! I thought this was a cute picture!

No comments:

 
I wonder how long it will take Rachel to find out that her husband wrote a note at the bottom of her blog. (July 9, 2008) ;)