Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bobbing your head! & Mom jewelry

Well, Norah has taken to screaming lately. It was cute at first and now it is straight up annoying. This is when I am glad to not be a stay at home mom. When she screams at the top of her lungs I just do not know what to do to make her stop.

I also feel bad because we have a married couple that lives across the hallway from us and I am sure they do not want to have children because Norah screams.

So tonight at dinner I did not know what to do again and I found myself bobbing my head. Joshua quickly caught on and we ate our dinner and explained to Norah for about 10 minutes straight how bobbing your head is a much better alternative to screaming.

It was funny because she just stared at us in shock, but she was quite. We were trying not to laugh at how ridiculous we were being and how funny she looked staring at us.

I wanted to take her picture, but she was being quiet so I choose not to.

Instead I just took a picture of myself trying to imitate Norah. I know how much you like pictures of Norah so you are going to have to be creative and imagine her doing this......



Oh, by the way, you'll have to excuse my hair, but when I'm hot or it's the end of the evening I always pull my hair up on the top of my head. I just can't stand it in my face any longer.


*****************************

When we were in Wheeling I had this great idea for jewelry for new moms. I took this picture and forgot about it, so I thought I would post it now! Let me know if you think it would work out and then I could become a stay at home mom again!!!




3 comments:

Joshua said...

The other day, she was screaming so much all I could do was put her in her pack and play and sit at the kitchen table wondering... when will it stop?

Carrie Babcock said...

Is this a happy scream or a pissed scream? Please video tape and post!!!

Rachel Elek said...

It's really neither. She just kinda yells. It would probably be more towards the pissed end of the spectrum, but I do not think she is mad. If we can distract her then she is fine. If we take walks or give her a bath or play games, but it's mostly when she is sitting in the high chair I think. Mr. Mom may have better insight....!

 
I wonder how long it will take Rachel to find out that her husband wrote a note at the bottom of her blog. (July 9, 2008) ;)