Thursday, February 7, 2008

Joshua's Award!

Joshua got notified of an award that he received. I am going to brag about here and let you know what the letter said.

**************

Dear Joshua,

It is our pleasure to inform you that you have been selected to receive the St. Francis Xavier Award for 2007-2008. The St. Francis Xavier award is given to a member of the Wheeling Jesuit University community who has shown commitment and passion toward service at Wheeling Jesuit University. We feel that you embody this spirit in both your professional and personal life.

You have gone above and beyond the requirements of your position to ensure that every student you come in contact with sees a mentor with a compassionate ear and an open heart.

We will present this award on March 7, 2008, at the Spring Honors Convocation.

We ask that you present an address, 7-10 minutes in length, to the administration, faculty, staff, and students in attendance. In your address, we look forward to hearing about your inspiration and how a culture of service has affected you as well as others.

**********

I'm so excited for him and glad that he got this award because I tell him these things all the time, but I am sure that it means more coming from the students and administration!

Thanks for celebrating with us!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

It's about time they recognized you down there! I'm not surprised in the least! Congratulations!!!

jay said...

Are outsiders allowed to attend?

Anonymous said...

Mom and Dad in Beaver Falls

Congratulations Josh we new you are doing a great job but it's always nice to be thanked in a formal way. We are glad the college is acknowleging you this way.

Anonymous said...

I have never met you and yet I am still excited for the two of you and know this is just the beginning. God Bless and enjoy the recognization. Lucy

Marzipan said...

Congratulations!! No surprise here! I'm very happy for you Josh. And Rach, thanks for bragging.

Jenny and Matt said...

Joshua - that's great! Congratulations! It's nice to know that WJU knows that they are lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

That's my friend! That's my friend!

Tim and Deane said...

That's my boy. That's my boy!

Dad says, "Way to go, Josh!"

Mom says, "I'm not surprised. Everyone who meets Josh knows he cares sincerely and deeply."

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Josh! I know you've put a lot of hard work into it & is well deserved.

-Charlotte

Rachel Elek said...

I imagine that others will not be able to attend because it's a convocation for the students, but I will look into it.

Anonymous said...

that's so awesome!! Congrats!

Jim Elek said...

I can't freaking believe they gave that guy a freaking award!! What a freaking travesty. It speaks volumes about the short, fast, inevitable descent into the firey pits of hell our society is forcing those of us who really deserve awards and accolades face. I am emberassed to call myself an American!! I am glad that I am not a Jesuit!!! I am humbled by the greatness that is the fact that I do not live near the ridiculous "institution of higher learning" that calls itself Wheeling Jesuit University (if that is actually what it does call itself---I know not). In short let me finish by adding my compliments on your receiving an award which you no doubt are undeserving of, for work that you probably snuff off, that affects the lives of those around you so uninspiringly that the difference you make is unnoticeable at best. Congratulations and tell Norah I said hi. Love- Jim (the social worker to be)

Unknown said...

Rachel,
What time is the convocation?
Thanks, Tracy

Rachel Elek said...

I am looking into the time, I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Rachel Elek said...

As of now I know that the convocation will be sometime in the afternoon on March 7th. I will update this as soon as I know a specific time.

Rachel Elek said...

The convocation will be at 3pm here on campus at Troy Theater if anyone is interested. Please e-mail me to let me know if you think you might be coming because they are going to save seats for us!

 
I wonder how long it will take Rachel to find out that her husband wrote a note at the bottom of her blog. (July 9, 2008) ;)