Thursday, April 17, 2008

Good News/Bad News

Well, we will start with the bad news first. I did not pass my test yesterday. I cut and pasted the e-mail I sent to friends and family last night. As you will be able to tell it was rough. Today is better than yesterday and I'm sure it will only get better from here on out.

"I missed it by one point again. It's very disappointing and frustrating. This is essentially my life experience with tests. As far as Chicago goes, I can still pursue social work positions, but if they want someone who is licenced then obviously I will not qualify. I will probably pursue any kind of employment at this point and see what happens. I will be able to take the test again in July and it will be easier in the end to take it in IL and not have to transfer my license from state to state.

I do not know what it all means...I'm not sure that it needs to mean anything I guess. Just pray for us as we make this move to Chicago and I feel like I let my family down. I know that's not true but that's what I feel. Norah just needs me to feed her, change her and put her soothie in her mouth and that I know I am licensed to do!

So, we are looking into some infant modeling for Norah so that I don't have to work...just kidding!

Thanks for loving me, I need it.

Rachel"

*************************************************

Now for the good news! We found out about our apartment last night and accepted it today!!!! We are so excited! Below is a picture from the "typical floor plan" of what we believe will be our exact apartment (measurements wise).


We are so excited because this apartment will have character to it unlike this aparement we are in now that is three rectangles all connected. We will be able to go in a circle around walls if we want! I'm sure that will come in hand when we start chasing Norah!

As you can see the elevator and stairs are right across from out door which will make moving a little easier! We will be on the 5th floor of our building. I'm glad about that because it's high enough to not have to worry about people getting in the window! I know I'm crazy, but that's the first thing I thought!

If you click here you can see some pictures of the building and our laundry room and other fun things that you probably do not care about! :)

When we signed up for housing we decided to shoot for the stars and request a building with an elevator. Mostly for me because of my muscle disease and the ease that will have for me in the winter months with a baby and a dog!

That's right folks! We have a dog! You may not know this because she has been living in Cleveland with the Eleks since we can't have her in the dorm. Her name is Gizmo! Here is a picture...


This is one of my favorite pictures of her! She is a cutie and it will be great to finally be with her!

So, that's the good news! We are excited and it is helpful to have this piece of the Chicago puzzle nailed down! Good news always helps with the bad news, so the timing was perfect!

We will most likely move the first full weekend of June, but don't hold us to that yet as we have lots of details to tie up here. We will keep you posted!

PS. visit Norah's blog for a really cute video of her!

4 comments:

Tim and Deane said...

Rachel, I am so proud of you. You are very brave. And your sincerity and transparency make us admire you even more.

Carrie Babcock said...

Can't wait to come visit!!!

Unknown said...

I love when there is good news coupled with dumb news. The Lord knew that would lift your spirits too! I'm so excited for you guys and this new chapter...even though I hate you are moving further.

Here's to hating tests and thinking multiple choice is from the devil...seriously...

Shirley B. Houghton said...

I found your post interesting to read and i want to say that this is a best post i have ever seen until now. Take a look at Roblox Music Codes and Song Ids 2020

 
I wonder how long it will take Rachel to find out that her husband wrote a note at the bottom of her blog. (July 9, 2008) ;)