Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Norah's Baptism

Norah was baptized on Sunday. We had a lot of friends and family come into town for the service which was fun! Norah did fairly well during the actual service. She has never made it through an entire church service so I was not sure how things would go.

When we got to the front of the church she was fine but then started to get a little fussy, but the pastor kept going and did not seemed concerned. As soon as he took her for the water part of the service she did fine. He later told us that he had two colicky children and one grandchild, so he knows how to hold a baby to calm them down! After he did the water he walked down the center aisle of the church so everyone could see her and she loved that part!

Norah's dress was my mom's baptism dress. I was afraid Norah might rip it to shreds with her fierce grip but she did great! It was really special to have her in her grandma's dress. I came across it several years ago with my mom when I was helping her reorganize their basement room and told her that if I ever have a little girl I want her to wear that dress, so it was great to have it all come to furition.

This was a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to make sure the dress was going to fit and it did!

The Elek Family!


The extended McCowin Family!


The extended Elek Family!
It was the first time Norah met her Aunt Katie and Steve.
They came all the way from North Carolina!


These are good friends from Pittsburgh. Erin and Lucy Bindewald and Allie Mollenkof!
(The picture is a little fuzzy which stinks.)


Cousins! This is the eldest cousin on the McCowin side Cora. She wanted a picture with her little cousin Norah. (Yes their names rhyme :))

2 comments:

Jenny and Matt said...

Congratulations Norah!!

Tim and Deane said...

That was such a special time.

I am glad you feel it was special for your daughter to wear your mother's baptism dress. That WAS very special. Such things are really important, and not every realizes it until it is too late.

God bless Norah

 
I wonder how long it will take Rachel to find out that her husband wrote a note at the bottom of her blog. (July 9, 2008) ;)